Divyanka Tripathi, likewise known by her married name Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya is an Indian television actress who generally works in the Hindi television industry. She is popularly known for her roles in the TV serials like “Banoo Main Teri Dulhan” and “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein.”
Divyanka Tripathi Biography & Wiki
Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya’s nickname is Channi. She was born on 14 December 1984 in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. Hence, her current age is 36 years. Divyanka’s Zodiac is Sagittarius.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||165 cm|
|Height in meters||1.65 m|
|Height in feet inches||5′ 5″|
|Weight in Kilograms||65 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||143 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Divyanka Tripathi Family Members
Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya’s father’s name is Narendra Tripathi, a pharmacist by profession. Her mother’s name is Neelam Tripathi, a housewife and also did a small role in the “Saath Nibhaana Saathiya” show in Star plus (2010-2017). She also has two siblings, her elder sister’s name is Priyanka Tiwari, and her younger brother’s name is Aishwarya Tripathi, a pilot by profession.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
Divyanka was in a relationship with her “Banoo Main Teri Dulhann” co-star Sharad Malhotra for nine years. The couple parted ways in 2015.
Later, on 16 January 2016, she got engaged in her “Ye Hai Mohabbatein” co-actor Vivek Dahiya. The couple got married on 8 July 2016 in Bhopal.
Education and School, College
Divyanka did her schooling at Carmel Convent School, Bhopal, and enrolled in Sarojini Naidu Govt. Girls PG (Auto.) College, Bhopal to complete her graduation. She also did a mountaineering course from the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, India. Her father wanted her to join National Cadet Corps (NCC), so she enrolled in Bhopal Rifle Academy. Divyanka won a gold medal in rifle shooting.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favorite Actor||Salman Khan, And Sonu Sood|
|Favorite Films||Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, And The Godfather|
|Favorite Food||Dal Baati Churma, Ice cream, And Chocolates|
|Favorites Singers||Kailash Kher, Shubha Mudgal, Enrique Iglesias, And Elton John|
|Hobbies||Shopping, And Reading|
|Favourite Book||P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern|
|Favorite Destination||Kashmir, Mauritius, And San Francisco|
Divyanka Tripathi filmography
Divyanka started her career as a host with All India Radio in Bhopal during her school days. After that, she participated in “Pantene Zee Teen Queen” in 2003 and won the title of Miss Beautiful Skin. In 2004, Divyanka also participated in “India’s Best Cinestar Ki Khoj” on Zee TV. Furthermore, Divyanka participated in the “Miss Bhopal beauty pageant” and won the title. She debuted with soap operas on the Doordarshan TV channel. After that, she got her first breakthrough in the industry with the Zee TV serial “Banoo Main Teri Dulhan” (2006-2009). It was the iconic show for Divyanka that changed her position in the industry.
Then, in 2007, she appeared in Star Plus’s horror thriller “Ssshhhh…Phir Koi Hai” (Season 2). Later she appeared in TV shows like, in 2010 “Mr. and Mrs. Allahabad wale” (Sab Tv), in 2011, “Chintu Chinky Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story” (Sab Tv), in 2012, “Teri Meri Love Stories” (Star Plus) and many more. She debuted in Film Industry with ‘Lala Hardual” in 2012. However, this film didn’t bring her any fame. In 2013, She got an offer to portray Dr.Ishita in a star plus show named “Ye Hai Mohabbatein.” Through this TV series, she got huge popularity.
In 2017, Divyanka also participated in “Nach Baliye 8” with her husband Vivek Dahiya, and with all praise and grace, they won the competition. After that, in 2018, She hosted a singing competition, “Voice 3” (Star Plus), and in 2020, she also hosted “Crime Patrol Satark-Women Against Crime” (Sony TV). Furthermore, in May 2021, She was shooting for the Colors TV show “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 11“. In 2019, “Cold Lassi Aur Chicken Masala” (ALT Balaji & ZEE5) become Divyanka’s debuted Web series.
Award And Recognitions
Because of Divyanka’s brilliant performance in the Hindi Television industry, she receives several awards.
- In 2007, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya received “Indian Television Academy Awards” (Best Actress Popular) for the show “Banoo Main Teri Dulhann.”
- Divyanka was honored with “Asian Viewers Television Awards” (Best Actress of the Year) for the show “Ye Hai Mohabbatein” in 2015.
- In 2019, She also got the “Indian Telly Awards” and “Gold Awards” in the ‘Television Personality of the Year’ category.
Salary and Net Worth
Divyanka takes ₹1.25 lakh per episode for her work in TV series. The estimated net worth of Divyanka is $2 million.
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- An unknown person came close to her on the sets of “Ye Hai Mohabbatein” (2013-2019) and started misbehaving with her by passing derogatory remarks. Karan Patel and Aly Goni beat him for his misbehavior.
- In 2017, Diyvanka and her husband, Vivek, took part in the couple-based dance reality show “Nach Baliye 8”. While rehearsing for a dance performance, she injured herself. However, she was criticized by some viewers for showing a fake injury. Later, she issued a video to verify that her injury is not fake.
- In the same year, Diyvanka was trolled for her character Haryanavi from the serial “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein.” She was called pathetic and disgusting for using dark brown makeup for this role. About this, she replied to the troll by saying, “If I chose to be dark… How’s it pathetic? Do you find it pathetic? You guys don’t even think before bashing! Which Indian actor will voluntarily choose to look dark on-screen? It’s not usual!!!”, “Know me first before judging! I’m doing that makeup myself! Everyday! So please… Watch the track, understand and respect instead of writing baseless provocative comments!”.
Facts about Divyanka Tripathi
- Divyanka was paid ₹800 her first job( host of All India Radio).
- During her struggling days, her father used to accompany her to various auditions, all the way from Bhopal to Mumbai via bus.
- Divyanka aspired to become an army officer.
- She had to leave her IAS preparations midway after getting the lead role in “Banoo Main Teri Dulhann” (2006-2009). Moreover, she had to put a lot of effort into convincing her parents.
- Divyanka is a pure vegetarian, but she learned to cook non-vegetarian food as her Ex-boyfriend, Sharad, used to like non-vegetarian food.
- Her dream role is to play a ‘psychopath’ or a ‘police officer.’
- Divyanka’s fangirls played a pivotal role in carrying forward her love story with Vivek Dahiya.
- In her free time, she enjoys shopping, especially in the Lokhandwala area of Mumbai.
- In Nach Baliye 8, Divyanka & Vivek won the winners trophy and a cash prize of ₹35 lakh.
- She was also featured in “Surf Excel,” “Hershey Chocolate Milk Shake,” and “Ghadi Detergent” (along with Amitabh Bachchan) TV Commercials.
- In 2014, Divyanka was ranked 23 among the “35 Hottest Actresses In Indian Television” by MensXP.com, an Indian lifestyle website for men.
- Later, in 2017, she became the first Indian television actress who appeared in the Forbes Celebrity 100, a list based on India’s celebrities’ income and popularity.
- In 2017, Divyanka posted some emotional tweets condemning the rape of a 12-year-old girl in Chandigarh on Independence Day (15 August), some of which she addressed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, urging him to take strict action against the rapist.
- Divyanka is also involved with “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” Yojana.